Monday, July 26, 2010

Tool #9

Skype and Jing! I don't have any experience with either of these applications! Skype seems to be a little more involved and need alot more help with this. Skype seems like a more reasonable option for my classroom. I think Skype would be a great way for students to keep up with a pen pal class! When I worked at a private school awhile back, the students would write letters to other students far away and it would take awhile for letters to go and then come back. It think it would be a fun way and much easier way for kids to learn about the world outside of their own world this way and I also think it would be a great way to expose our students to other cultures. Virtual field trips would be an outstanding way to utilize Skype. However, now days kids know so much more than we do and I'm absolutly sure they can show me more ways than I could ever imagine.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog!! I love Skype! I have friends that live around the world and it is so nice to talk to them face to face. It does take some getting used too though.
    See you bright and early tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete